2021 Best Decorated House Competition
Published: 20 November 2021
CALLING ON THE RESIDENTS OF HYTHE & DIBDEN TO HELP MAKE CHRISTMAS MAGICAL FOR OUR SMALLEST RESIDENTS, THE 2021 HYTHE & DIBDEN BEST DECORATED HOME COMPETITION
With last year's lockdowns making it a dreary Christmas Hythe & Dibden Parish Council held the Bext Decorated House Competition. It was so successful and so much fun the Council voted to make it an annual event.
You can apply yourself or someone can nominate you.
The aim is to just have fun decorating your house, it can be lights, decorated windows, bunting, living nativity, Narnia; it doesn’t matter just be as creative as you like! There will be a prize for the best-decorated house in each electoral Ward (Butts Ash; Dibden Purlieu; Hythe West; Langdown; Dibden; Hythe East; and Furzedown) and one Overall Winner will be selected from those. We also want to support local businesses with this competition.
The prizes are: Ward prize; £50 Voucher for a shop in Hythe & Dibden of your choosing
Overall Prize: £100 Voucher for a shop in Hythe & Dibden of your choosing
(Vouchers or an arrangement for invoice will be made with a local independent business of your choice where possible. It can be for goods or services.)
1. Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Hythe & Dibden Parish
2. Entry is free; no cost or fees apply.
3. Officers and Councillors of Hythe and Dibden Parish Council are not eligible to participate.
4. Entry Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Wednesday 15th December 2021.
5. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including window decorations that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
6. Judging will be based on “kerb appeal” as viewed from the road only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the roadside of the property will be judged (corner gardens will be judged from both roads). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side gardens.
7. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated home exterior posted on the Hythe & Dibden Parish Council website, Hythe Peer and Facebook page. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
8. Judging will consider: [a] Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations;
[b]Storyline or theme;
[c] Overall presentation.
9. Judging will be done from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday 16th December. Depending on the
number of entries, judging may continue from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday 17th December. All
judging will be completed no later than 8:00 p.m. on Friday 17th December.
10. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
11. The prizes that will be awarded are:
12. Winners will be announced on Monday 20th December at 6pm. Winners will be notified by telephone.
13. Be creative, be festive, have fun!