Cllr Malcolm Wade
Address: 1 Bullrush Close, Dibden Purlieu, Hythe, SO45 4NN, Hants
Tel: 023 8084 7218
Register of Interests: Click Here
Committees and External Bodies that I sit on as representative of Council:
Internal Audit Working Party
My Current Work:
Public Service – Hampshire County Councillor for Dibden ad Hythe Division
Professional - Manufacturing Manager – mark’ennovy Personalised Care
I have lived in Hythe since I was 7 years old and consider this community as my home. I am married with two grown up children, the eldest Alex is carrying on the family tradition of serving this community started by my father Stan Wade, who served this community for over 40 years both a Parish and New Forest District Councillor as well as achieving numerous other achievements for Hythe and Dibden.
In my professional life after a successful career in shipping I decided to move into manufacturing and worked for 16 years in a Hi Tec optical manufacturing company, which evolved into a major US Multinational, where I became the Senior Manufacturing Manager in the UK for the Hydrogel Lens business. Now I work for a smaller European company based in Romsey, which produced specialised premier products for optical care.
My reason for entering into public service is to put something back into the community, where I and my family have grown up and to make a positive difference for people, who locally need help and support.
Some of my roles to date include:
· Hampshire County Councillor for 2 years - ongoing
· Hythe and Dibden Parish Councillor for over 25 years - ongoing
· New Forest District Councillor for 20 years
· Trustee of the Handy Trust
· Chairman of the New Forest Environmental Liaison committee for 20 years
· School Governor for Orchard Junior school for 12 years
· Chairman of the New Forest Road Safety Committee 2 years
Campaigning Issues include:
· Part of the success campaign against Dibden Bay
· Against Gravel Extraction at Forest Lodge Farm
· Part of the success campaign to keep Hythe Fire Station
· For increased Public Transport
· For Waterside rail link
· Worked with others to keep free parking in Oak Rod car park
Amongst my personal achievements for Hythe and Dibden :
· Championed our Parish to have its own youth worker in 1999
· Help set up the Handy Trust in 2001
· Championed the Parish Council having its Community Safety Officers
· Negotiated with White Horse Ferries and Hampshire County Council to confirm the ongoing support for the Hythe Ferry
As a local councillor my role is to help the local community, and work to make Hythe, Dibden and Dibden Purlieu a great place for people to live, work and visit. In addition to help people in our community, who need it because we all need help some time in our lives and it is good to know someone out there cares enough to try and make a difference.
As a Liberal Democrat I believe in a fair society, where everyone regardless of gender, social status and ability should have the opportunity to reach their individual potential.
Most important of all I will always put the Community First!