Best Decorated House Competition
Published: 10 November 2020
CALLING ON THE RESIDENTS OF HYTHE & DIBDEN TO HELP KEEP CHRISTMAS MAGICAL FOR OUR SMALLEST RESIDENTS.
HYTHE & DIBDEN BEST DECORATED HOME COMPETITION
This year has brought many tribulations and disappointments as events have been cancelled and now, with restrictions getting ever tighter, the effects are starting to encroach on Christmas. With nearly all the Christmas events cancelled we are hoping that our Community can get in the spirit of Christmas and decorate their houses to keep the season magical for our smallest residents.
Have fun decorating your house this year, it can be lights, decorated windows, bunting, living nativity, Narnia; it doesn’t matter just be as creative as you like! There will be a prize for the best decorated house in each electoral Ward (Butts Ash; Dibden Purlieu; Hythe West; Langdown; Dibden; Hythe East; and Furzedown) and one Overall Winner will be selected from those. We also want to support local businesses with this competition.
The prizes are: Ward prize; £50 Voucher for a shop in Hythe & Dibden of your choosing
Overall Prize: £100 Voucher for a shop in Hythe & Dibden of your choosing
(Vouchers or an arrangement for invoice will be made with a local independent business of your choice where possible. It can be for goods or services.)
1. Participation is open to all residents within the boundaries of Hythe & Dibden Parish
2. Entry is free; no cost or fees apply.
3. Officers and Councillors of Hythe and Dibden Parish Council are not eligible to participate.
4. Entry Applications must be received no later than 5pm on Wednesday 16th December 2020.
5. Contest is for exterior decorations only, including window decorations that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only.
6. Judging will be based on “kerb appeal” as viewed from the road only. Therefore, only those decorations located on the road side of the property will be judged (corner gardens will be judged from both roads). Judges will not enter the property to view back or side gardens.
7. Participants agree to have one or more photos of their decorated home exterior posted on the Hythe & Dibden Parish Council website, Hythe Peer and Facebook page. Participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.
8. Judging will consider: [a] Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations;
[b]Storyline or theme;
[c] Overall presentation.
9. Judging will be done from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Thursday 17th December. Depending on the
number of entries, judging may continue from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Friday 18th December. All
judging will be completed no later than 8:00 p.m. on Friday 18th December.
10. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on both nights.
11. The prizes that will be awarded are:
12. Winners will be announced on Monday 21st December at 6pm. Winners will be notified by telephone.
13. Be creative, be festive, have fun!